I am not really sure what I was talking about, but I had made a note of this on my phone last week and I wanted and I came across it today while looking for something else. May be junk, may be an idea worth exploring. Putting it out there for posterity's sake
---
I'm not a panpsychist but I think its useful at times to think of things being alive and capable of making rational decisions. Systems, at least social systems, do make rational decisions under evolutionary survival pressures.
Existence is not necessarily suffering but it opens oneself up to the possibility of suffering. You live knowing that sometimes you will be in pain. You build civilized societies knowing that there may be a chance for social evils to emerge and to maybe persist. Poverty has been existing for as long as we know. It's just a byproduct of building and living in a society. Societies, as organisms, tolerate it and live with it as much as they can. Good (healthy) societies even try to fight it (not always successfully) like a body fights disease. At times the disease may take over (anarchy)...
No comments:
Post a Comment